POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Radiosirty Needle [WIP] : Re: Radiosirty Needle [WIP] Server Time
16 Aug 2024 06:21:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosirty Needle [WIP]
From: Corey Woodworth
Date: 15 Mar 2002 13:56:03
Message: <3c9243c3@news.povray.org>
> You need subsurface scattering. In other words: Media inside the plastic.
> With the right settings, this will look great but the rendertime will
> explode.
>
> You can find code for 3S (S-ub S-urface S-cattering) a few days back here.
>
> Otherwise pretty good model and maybe just with a lower transmit value,
the
> plastic will improve.

I'm so lost. I've tried and tried to get the media to do what I want but it
never does. :( When I change the settings, even to some extremes I hardly
ever see a visible change and I can never get a cloudy texture going. I
really need some help, oh and yes I do have hollow on :)

Should I post some code in povray.text.scene-files?

Thanks,
Corey